How do I add fundraising to my event?
Last Updated: Oct 23, 2019 11:53AM PDT
Fundraising, or as we like to call it – Giving, can be an integral part of any event. Here at Events.com we work with CrowdRise to provide you with a streamlined experience!
You will need to set up a CrowdRise Campaign in order to add fundraising during registration.
Here are the steps to set up a CrowdRise Campaign
- Click here and follow the prompts to create your campaign
- Enable team fundraising, here’s how
- Customize your campaign
If you need any help with these initial steps, please contact us to help set this up for you. You can send us an email at email@example.com, just include the name of your organization and have the charity information readily available!
Here are the steps to connect your campaign with your event:
1. While in your event (on Events.com), click on GIVING on the left side of your screen.
2. Choose the option that applies to you – I ALREADY HAVE AN EVENT or GET SET UP WITH CROWDRISE – (Note: Events.com supports CrowdRise Campaigns, which are different from a CrowdRise Fundraiser. Please ensure you followed the CrowdRise steps above.)
3. LOG IN TO CROWDRISE. Clicking here will bring you to CrowdRise to Authorize Application. After logging in, you will be prompted to GRANT ACCESS. This step will connect our two platforms and direct you back to Events.com.
4. Select your campaign from the dropdown menu and click CONTINUE. The screen will refresh displaying your CrowdRise campaign link at the top and showing that the ENABLE FUNDRAISING tab is set to YES.
Beside the tab, you have the option to REQUIRE FUNDRAISING (automatically have your participants signed-up for CrowdRise pledging profiles in the Events.com registration process) by clicking the checkbox.
Leaving the box unclicked, means your participants will be given the option to sign-up during registration. (Note: participants can always sign-up on their own later if they change their minds). Teams signing up will be grouped together on CrowdRise under their team name.
5. The next step is to connect the organization or charity that you are fundraising for. If your charity is not yet registered on CrowdRise, please review our article – How does a charitable organization get added as a Giving option? Otherwise, search by name or EIN (Employer Identification Number) and click to select.
6. After you’ve finished selecting your charity, click SAVE at the top or bottom of the screen. The fundraising disclaimer (confirmed they’ve been signed up) or fundraising option for attendees to select will automatically be inserted into your order form.
If your participants were signed up for fundraising, CrowdRise sends an email to them directly after registration with all the necessary steps to personalize their pledging page (optional) and get them started immediately.
Happy Giving Everyone!