Thank you for your interest in the Estes Park Marathon weekend of events! Plans are in the works for 2021 - we will announce those plans and open registration as soon as the details are worked out (hopefully mid to late January)! Please stay tuned to our website and social media channels for updates!
We hope this notice finds you & your family safe, healthy and in good spirits!
Thank you for registering for the 2020 ESTES PARK MARATHON & HALF MARATHON. Our team feels passionate about providing a well organized, safe and scenic event. We are sad that we can't share our exceptionally scenic courses in 2020 and we look forward to seeing you next year! Our 2020 in-person races are officially cancelled.
We recognize, and share, the difficult and uncertain times communities across the country are experiencing. The Estes Park Running Club is a 501c(4) non-profit organization that is active in our community. We also, share in the love for the outdoors and running, which provides motivation and stress relief! We encourage you to keep putting on those running shoes, head out the door and commit to celebrating all that we love about running- together!
We hope you and your loved ones continue to remain safe and COVID19 free as Colorado, and the rest of the USA, begins to open businesses. Through this process, our team respects the need for social distancing and the successes of ‘Safer at Home’ guidance provided by health officials. While our races are outdoors, they require a significant amount of resources to make it safe for your participation. As an alternative, we considered many scenarios for postponing our races, but with current uncertainties there is too much at risk. Sadly, we are canceling the 2020 in-person Estes Park Marathon & Half Marathon races. As a result, it is our hope that our community will remain protected and healthy. We wish the same for your community, too!
For the love of running, we are offering heartfelt motivation options by going virtual. We understand there is no substitution for our exceptionally scenic courses, but please consider that you’re now training for 2021. : ) We want to stay motivated alongside you and plan to keep on running! Chin up and let’s do this!
If you are already registered, you have OPTIONS. We are a local non-profit who does give race entry funds to local youth program beneficiaries. By choosing to generously DONATE your entry, we will graciously pass on to beneficiary. Please indicate your choice here.
All the very best,
Estes Park Running Club
We look forward to 2021 when you can once again RUN on Colorado's most scenic race courses and enjoy the surrounding beauty of Rocky Mountain National Park.
The MARATHON & HALF MARATHON courses start from the scenic Dao House on Hwy 7, and descend 1500ft within first 6.5 miles on mix of dirt trail, smooth surface road/pathways!
The Half Marathon will continue to descend directly to Lake Estes Trail for breath taking views of the Continental Divide.
The Marathon runners will travel on the Lake Estes Trail and run the Dry Gulch/Devil's Gulch loop, passing the historic Stanley Hotel.
As with all great journeys, the mountainous beauty will encourage you to overcome the physical and psychological challenges of the climbs and feel the thrill of several scenic downhills.Share the celebration and joy of running with us! Runner’s World magazine recommends this destination race, for a reason!
DOWNHILL START for MARATHON & DOWNHILL HALF MARATHON COURSE!
COLORADO MOUNTAIN HALF MARATHON SERIES
The Estes Park Half Marathon is the first race in a series of three mountain location races- Estes Park, Georgetown/Idaho Springs, and Nederland, CO. Race all three Colorado events and challenge yourself for placement awards!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
June 20th - Saturday
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - All Races Packet Pickup (Estes Park High School Commons)
10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Kids Bike & Fun Run Festival! (Estes Park Track & Field)
- 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Music, interactive games, Yoga, Hula Hooping, face painting and more! All ages are welcome to play and enjoy the day!
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Kids Fun Run!
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Bike Events (obstacle courses)
June 21st - Sunday
- 4:30 a.m. - Packet Pickup for Marathon, Half Marathon,10K, and 5K
- 4:15 a.m. until 5:30 a.m. - Bus & Trolley departures for Marathon & Half Marathon Start line. Runners may have personal drop off, but NO parking at start. There is no bus returning runners to start line from finish line.
- 5:30 a.m. - Start for WALKERS for the Estes Park Marathon & Half Marathon
- 6:00 a.m. - Start of the Estes Park Marathon from lower Dao House, Hwy 7
- 6:30 a.m. - Start of the Estes Park Half Marathon from lower Dao House, Hwy 7
- 6:30 a.m. - Trolley begins departure from EP High School to 5K start line at Marina
- 8:00 a.m. - Start of the Estes Park 5K from Estes Park Marina
- 8:00 a.m. - Start of the Estes Park 10K from Estes Park Middle School
- 8:10 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Post Race Food, Finish line Stadium
FINISHER MEDALS (stay tuned for our one of a kind Estes Park inspired medals)
AWARDS -- Award winners can pick up their hardware or ribbons at the Awards Table near the finish line
Marathon & Half Marathon
- Top Three Overall Male & Female
- Top Two Male & Female Masters (40 yrs and older)
- Top Three Male & Female in the following age groups: 19 & Under, 20 - 29, 30 - 39, 40 - 49, 50 - 59, 60 - 69, 70 & Up
10K & 5K
- Top Three Overall Male & Female
- Top Three Male & Female in the following age groups: 13 & Under, 14 - 16, 17 - 19, 20 - 29, 30 - 39, 40 - 49, 50 - 59, 60 & Over
- No master division
Transportation - Transportation is provided by the Estes Park Trolley, Rapid Transit Bussing & Rocky Mountain Transit Bussing to the 5K and Marathon & Half Marathon start lines. Departure times are strict and leave from the Estes Park High School parking lot (at race headquarters). There is no parking available at any of these start areas, nor transportation available back to the start areas once races are completed. A gear drop is available at the Marathon & Half Marathon start lines.
- Marathon & Half Marathon: Bus departures begin 4:30AM and last 5:30AM
- 5K Start: Trolley will depart from EP High School from 6:30-7:35 AM.
7 hour course cut off time. The course will officially close at 1:00PM. All participants must forfeit bib at 1:00PM, if they have not finished. There are NO exceptions.
The race weekend could always use your help and the help of your support crew. Let us know if you are able to be part of the team! Please Contact: email@example.com.