(This registration link is for those who have not attended Camp Discovery in the past.)
Camp Discovery is the place where you leave your limits behind and discover a new freedom. Our activities are designed to reach your mind, body and spirit helping you tap into an inner peacefulness and place of confidence, security and self-acceptance.This four-day all women’s camp is designed to teach full-time female wheelchair users, physical fitness activities, while creating lasting friendships with those who have had similar experiences and obstacles.The camp takes place at the beautiful Rocky Mountain Village in Empire, CO. This camp is open to women with mobility differences, who are 21-years-and older who want to learn about different sports and thrive in life.There is a $100 camp fee to attend. Also, there is a $100 fee (food/lodging) for any attendant accompanying a camper for the weekend. There is a limit of 10 campers, so please register early to reserve your space.
Date: August 15-19, 2018
Location: Rocky Mountain Village, Empire, Colorado
Contact: Tricia Downingfirstname.lastname@example.org
A few details about Camp Discovery:
- To attend Camp Discovery, you must be independent with your self-care or bring an attendant at your own cost. (Attendants will be for assistance only, they are not able to take part in sports clinics, such as rock climbing, horseback riding, etc.) The $100 cost for attendants covers food and lodging. All attendants must be female.
- Your $100 Camp fee includes: transportation to/from Denver International Airport (if flying to Colorado), room and board and activities. If you are local, you will be responsible for your own transportation.
- Camp is primarily for full-time wheelchair users, however if you have a disability that limits your mobility, please contact us if you are interested in attending. If we can accommodate your needs inside of the program capabilities, you may be eligible.
- Lodging is typically double or triple occupancy. Bathrooms will be shared and bath chairs will be provided.
- Our activities for this year are still being finalized, however we will be rock climbing and ziplining, playing tennis, swimming, doing vision boards, getting massages, taking photos, doing a clothing swap, listening to guest speakers on: disability and dating, personal health, getting involved in competitive sports and more!