* Denotes that this site is offering a free, optional 2nd session following the regular morning workshop with either more in-depth information about WebGrants or a more detailed look at the California Dream Act Application. You will receive information on these 2nd sessions only if offered at your workshop location. Please check your confirmation e-mail.
2. Click the (+) sign button once to add yourself as a participant (or more times if registering for yourself and for others).
3. Scroll all the way down to the "Register Now" link and click on that tab.
4. Complete the short registration page for yourself if you are the only person registering, or for yourself and the other attendees if you added others (note: please use individual e-mail addresses for each attendee).
5. Scroll to the bottom of that page and click the "Submit Order" tab. You will see an immediate pop-up confirmation.
6. Shortly after registering, you will receive an “Order Confirmation” e-mail that contains all the relevant information about your workshop. You will also get reminder e-mails prior to your workshop and e-mail notifications if there is new or updated event information.
The Annual Statewide Financial Aid Workshop series is a partnership effort between the California Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (CASFAA), the California Community Colleges Student Financial Aid Administrators Association (CCCSFAAA), the Educational Credit Management Corporation (ECMC) and the California Student Aid Commission.
Our free workshops offer high school counselors, student advocates and community partners the opportunity to attend a half-day training to obtain relevant financial aid information they can use to support their students. Topics include: updates to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act Application (CADAA), Cal Grant program updates and Middle Class Scholarship information. The workshops will also review the Chafee Grant and new programs designed to assist foster youth and former foster youth attend college.
Many 2019 workshops will be offering an optional, 2nd session for a more in depth look at WebGrants or the California Dream Act Application. Check your confirmation e-mail to see if the workshop you are attending will be offering this option.
Since last year, participants who attend a workshop and complete the subsequent survey will also receive a Certificate of Completion. In 2018, nearly 4,500 participants took advantage of the free training provided at workshops offered all over the state.