Join us on Saturday, November 19th for a mixed terrain poker ride, where individual riders or teams of 2 will find their way to 5 unique locations (to be named on the day of the event) where they will receive 1 playing card at each location. The 5 cards that each rider collects will make up their poker hand. Riders will select their own route to reach all 5 of the unique locations, jumping between dirt and road sections. It will be a choose-your-own adventure, a scramble and a test in route planning. The ideal bike for this event will be a gravel bike, but a hard tail mountain bike would be a good choice as well. There will be prizes for the best poker hands and other fun awards. This will not be a timed event, as it will be about having fun and raising money for two great causes. 100% of all proceeds will be split between MCBC and SF/Marin Food Bank. We will also be collecting canned and non-perishable food donations leading up to the event, so please consider donating canned good and non-preishable food items as well.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO DO IT?
Because you love riding your bike and you want to support two amazing local organizations. This is going to be an incredible day on the bike. A great adventure with old and new friends. And a fun way to enjoy our spectacular back yard and the local cycling commuity.
WHEN: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19TH
- 7:30am - join us for coffee
- 8:00am - Ride will start
- 11:30am-2:00pm - Post ride beers and snacks at Studio Velo
WHERE: The ride will start & finish at Studio Velo
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The 5 check points will take you through the headlands and across Mount Tam. Checkpoint locations will be revealed the morning of the event.
- The ride will take between 2.5-4 hours depending on route and pace. There will be plenty of climbing.
- There will be one official stop to refuel.
- Registration should be completed by midnight, November 18th.
- Cost will be $50 for individual riders or $90 for teams of 2
- 100% of proceeds will go to MCBC & the SF/Marin Food Bank
- Parking: To respect our neighboring local businesses in the plaza we ask that you please try to avoid parking in the lot out front of the shop. If possible, we recommend parking in the neighborhood across Blithedale Ave. If you park on Sunnyside or Buenavista, east of Hill street, there are no parking restrictions.
FOOD DRIVE: Help us collect 250 pounds of food for the SF Marin Food Bank. We will have collection bins at Studio Velo from Friday, 11/11 through Saturday, 11/19.