You’re invited to the San Diego BIG Kahuna Beachfest and Fundraiser at South Mission Beach on October 14th!
We are looking forward to having you join us for this exciting event and costume fundraiser for beach volleyball and keeping our San Diego beaches well-maintained and beautiful!
This year we will be offering: UPDATE! PRICE WILL STAY AT $45/PP TIL OCT. 11
• 4-Man Volleyball
Mens (All Levels)
Womens (All Levels)
Co-ed (All Levels) & Coed Battle of the Bars (Just for fun)
Instructions on registering your team:
1) Get 4 (up to 10) people for your beach volleyball team and decide on a team name.
2) Captains need to register your team (input your information: i.e. b-day, email, phone, emergency contact & phone, t-shirt size, etc). You will get a link to send to the rest of your team members so they can register under your team name.
3) Recruit more players/substitutes to join you... they can register as individuals once you have your team name confirmed. We will be posting team names in each division on our main website at www.BIGKahuna.life as we get teams registered.
4) Individuals who don't have a team may contact us at BIGKahuna@SanDiegoBIG.org by October 7th and we will list your name, level of play and teams may browse this list to pick you up or we will place you as a team on a first come, first serve basis. Anyone who contacts us after October 7th will be on a wait list but is not guaranteed a spot in the tournament.
5) $1000 Cash Prize + will go to the winners of Men's & Women's Open Divisions. $400 Cash Prizes + Swag will be awarded to 1st Place for Coed. 2nd Place for all divisions will also get prizes.
If you have questions:
Laura Hendrickson: 619-888-6743
Christian Kraft: 619-300-7071
Tee Nguyen: 619-876-6903
Lunch and Food will be available for purchase
Beer Garden TBA
Event T-shirts may be purchased for an additional fee of $20 within your registration process and available at event for $30/ea. Deadline for purchase is September 30, 2023.
Registration Fee: $45/pp thru Oct 11th at 11:59 pm
Includes entry to event and 1 drink ticket at our beer garden. Pools of 4-6 teams will compete in each division and then proceed into a single elimination tournament. If you are interested in helping us recruit teams, please contact us to see how you can earn a commission for your help!
After Oct 11 UPDATE: Normal registration will close so we can organize the teams. Any registrations on the day of event will be $55/per player and teams are not guaranteed a spot to play.
This is a fundraiser. You can get insurance for your entry fee, but we play rain or shine and no refunds. You will get a tax deductible receipt for your contribution to the cause. Our cause is to build out the 2nd generation of SD BIG with beach volleyball, art and clean up programs that will help keep us sustainable.
Food and drinks will be available to purchase with some proceeds going back to SD BIG.
Access Trax will be showcased – they provide easy access pathways so that challenged athletes can access the beach and the ocean.
This event will be hosted in beautiful San Diego at South Mission Beach Sports Park. The beach is open for sunbathing, beach volleyball, basketball, swimming and other activities.
T-shirts and other goodies will be available for purchase and all donations are tax deductible. For more information about sponsorships, please contact us at BIGKahuna@SanDiegoBIG.org.
General public welcome. Food and drinks will be available for a small donation.
Pre-Event & Post-Event Activities:
Oct 13th at 7pm: VIP Dinner at TBA - By invitation only
OCT 14th from 7pm-1am: After Party at The Pennant & The Beachcomber (LIMITED SPACE).
Like us on Facebook for these event details: https://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoBIG
San Diego Beach Improvement Group is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to beach volleyball, keeping our San Diego Beaches the best, doing cleanups, sports maintenance and supporting the City of San Diego build out master plans. Established in 2002, we enjoy giving back to the community with fun activities, beach volleyball tournaments, beach cleanups, and painting utility boxes!
Sponsors - They make this event rock!
Empower Me Marketing, Promo-Drone, Onesie Tourney, The Pennant, El Taco Spot Food Truck, Nautical Bowls, The Beachcomber, Miss B’s Coconut Club, Access Trax, Kamena Outdoor, Firehouse, NuSkin, and Beach Fire Guy have joined this celebration of volleyball and helping the beach community be the best.
Let's rock this thing out ;)