You’re invited to the San Diego BIG Kahuna Beachfest and Fundraiser at South Mission Beach on October 9th!
We are looking forward to having you join us for this exciting sports and costume fundraiser for keeping our San Diego beaches well-maintained and beautiful!
This year we will be offering:
• 4-Man Volleyball (Mens, Womens & Co-ed in Open, Intermediate, Masters & Social Divisions)
• 3-Man Basketball (Mens & Womens in Open & Intermediate Divisions)
Instructions on registering your team:
1) Get 4 people for volleyball or 3 people for basketball and decide on a team name.
2) Register your team (you will need info from each participant like b-day, email, phone, emergency contact & phone, t-shirt size, etc)
3) Recruit more players/substitutes to join you... they can register as individuals once you have your team name confirmed. We will be posting team names in each division on our main website at www.BIGKahuna.life as we get teams registered.
4) Individuals who don't have a team may contact us at BIGKahuna@SanDiegoBIG.org by Oct 1st and we will list your name, level of play, sport (volleyball / basketball) and teams may browse this list to pick you up or we will place you as a team on a first come, first serve basis. Anyone who contacts us after Oct 1 will be on a wait list but is not guaranteed a spot in the tournament.
5) Hotel room blocks and house rentals are available through our event website.
If you have questions:
Volleyball registrations call Mark Antis at 619-980-9508
Basketball registrations call MaryAnn McLaughlin at 619-977-4357
Lunch is provided by THE LUNCH GURU for all participants. Extra lunches are available for purchase with registrations for your guests and supporters.
Event T-shirts are an additional fee.
Access Trax will be showcased – they provide easy access pathways so that challenged athletes can access the beach and the ocean.
This event will be hosted in beautiful San Diego at South Mission Beach sports courts. The beach is open for sunbathing, beach volleyball, basketball, swimming and other ativities.
T-shirts and other goodies will be available for purchase and all donations are tax deductible. For more information about sponsorships, please contact us at BIGKahuna@SanDiegoBIG.org.
General public welcome. Food and drinks will be available for a small donation.
Pre-Event & Post-Event Activities:
Oct 8th at 7pm: VIP Dinner at FIREHOUSE in PB - By invitation only
OCT 9th from 7pm-1am: After Party at The Beachcomber & The Pennant (LIMITED SPACE).
Like us on Facebook for these event details: https://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoBIG
Note: This event is a fundraiser – after August 9th and confirmation or plan B is confirmed from Parks & Rec, there will be no refunds (insurance options available).
San Diego Beach Improvement Group is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to creating great experiences at the beach. We raise money for maintenance, improvements and cleanups for San Diego beaches. Established in 2002, we enjoy giving back to the community with fun activities, beach tournaments and supporting a clean, beautiful and well-maintained beach area for all to enjoy!
Sponsors - They make this event rock!
100.7 BIG Radio, iHeart Radio, Access Trax, HipSea Swim, Kamena Sportware, Onesie's Tourney, VAVI Sports and Social Club, The Lunch Guru, Cindy Whitmarsh Fitness, NuSkin, Athletic Brewery, Bonobos, Cathi Brennan Massage, Edwin Simpson III Tax Guy, Events.com, Hyatt, Bahia Resort, The Dana Inn, Grandeli Properties, Sandsocks, Volleyball Magazine, The Beachcomber, The Pennant, Firehouse Grill, Belmont Park, Fire Pit Beach Fire Guy, Greg Martin Real Estate, Promodrone, Rickaroons and Steven Kay Promotions.
JUST IN CASE: If we cannot hold the sport games and tournaments, we will be having a small health fair with a select group of tents, similar to a Farmer's Market that participants can visit throughout the day. If some groups want to do an mini event within their group, we will have prizes for the winners (contact us at BIGKahuna@SanDiegoBIG.org for more info).