The campground at Dixon Lake is being taken over for the Rumble at the Ranch.
There are showers in the campground! We will assign campspots and if you would like the campsite information please see here.
All registrants are open to camp in the open tent camping areas, this is first come first serve. Premium camping spots are also available, and many spots have hook ups, those are reserved for RVs (most have room for multiple riders).
Wood fires are never allowed (this includes pressed logs) anywhere in the park. Campsite barbecues are designed for charcoal only, and the use of wood or wood products in the barbecues may result in the loss of camping privileges. Propane pits are also allowed.
Campground and picnic area reservation can be made online on the racer registration site. Please note that only reservations for campsites and picnic shelters are available online.
Check-in time for camping is any time after 10:00 on Friday and checkout is noon on Monday.
DELUXE CAMPSITES DO NOT HAVE A REGULAR 120V OUTLET BUT RATHER A 30AMP OUTLET. ADAPTERS CAN BE USED AND ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE CONCESSION STAND.
• Charcoal fires only. NO WOOD OR PAPER FIRES ALLOWED. •
• Quiet time is 11:59 P.M.
• CHECK OUT TIME – 12:00 NOON.
• You may only have multiple vehicles per site but cannot block the roads. Trailers and fifth-wheels are considered a vehicle. Guests must park in the day-use parking area.
• No swimming, wading, or water contact of any kind. • Removal or disturbance of any wildlife or vegetation is prohibited.
• This is a public campground. Do not leave camping gear unattended in the open. Lock valuables in your vehicle.
• Attaching any ropes, laundry, or other items to trees or bushes is prohibited.
• All persons are required to keep their campsites clean. Place all trash and litter in proper receptacles.
• Alcohol permitted in campgrounds only.
• Smoking is not permitted in any City of Escondido park.
• All drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
• VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO CITATION OR EJECTION BY PARK RANGER.
Best Western Escondido Hotel
1700 Seven Oaks Rd, Escondido, CA 92026
Quality Inn Escondido Downtown
501 W Mission Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
Dixon Lake is a jewel in the hills above Escondido. Campsites at Dixon Lake range from secluded and shaded, to wide open views of the lake, mountains or city lights. The campground is open year-round, with 24 hour accessibility. Roads and trails from the Dixon Lake campground provide walking access to great trout, catfish and bass spots along the shore. There are boats available for rent at the Park's concessions as well.
If you've been to Dixon Lake lately, you may have noticed that we've had a bit of an increase in 4-legged bandit activity. Our raccoon population has been taking advantage of food and trash left out on tables and near trash cans. While the raccoons are not as dangerous as the famous Yosemite bears, they can be quite assertive when it comes to taking what they want, when they want it. Here are a few tips to keep the "bandits" at bay:
Rules and Regulations for Dogs at Dixon Lake
Premium/Deluxe camping map can be found here.
Car-pooling is highly recommended as parking is limited
There is limited space in the Dixon Lake area. We must keep a lane open for emergency vehicles so it will be labeled out where to park. To help control numbers in the staging area, we will be limiting the amount of space allowed to each team. We will also have a drop off for gear/bikes/people:
Remote Parking is available- Details to follow.
Schedule of Events
10 A.M. Camping check in begins
12 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: Onsite registration & packet pickup
9 a.m. - 7 p.m.: Course is open for preview
6:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.: Onsite registration & packet pickup
10:15 a.m.: Mandatory Rider Meeting (Podium)
10:45 a.m.: Staging
11 a.m.: Race start
5:30 p.m.: Mandatory lights on course (all racers)
5 p.m.: 6-Hour Daley Beast race ends
7 p.m.: Awards for the Daley Beast
6 a.m.: Registration for Rock Ridge Rally
8 a.m.: Rock Ridge Rally start
9am: ‘Daley Light’ awards
11am: Race finish
1pm: All Daley Long Awards
Music, food and vendor fun throughout each day
Movies at night