*ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. You may register tomorrow from 10:00am until 2:00pm.
A Beer Mile - 4 Laps, 4 Beers, and a chance at glory. We are bringing back the Survivor Medal, adding Long Sleeve Shirts, and going all out for our annual beer mile. This is the most ridiculous way to cap off your running season!
*You may register on race day. Check out the rules here: http://theruniversity.com/events-at-the-cleveland-beer-mile/
Date: November 2, 2019
Wave Times: Selected at checkout
Location: Cleveland Velodrome, 5033 Broadway Ave, Cleveland, OH 44127, USA
Pre-Race Packet Pick Up -
November 1, At Masthead Brewery from 5 - 7:30 PM
Race Day, Nov 2 starting at 10 AM.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Finisher ‘Survival’ Medal Bottle Opener
- Official Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Timed race (we are still all about fun but with a competitive edge!)
- Prizes and giveaways all day!
- Food truck on site
- Beer for donation on site
- After party at Masthead Brewery
GAMES YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Stein hold
- Brewer's Relay (at 1:40 PM)
- Donut mile (at 12:55 PM)
- Frog Hop
- Corn Hole
- Keg Hug
**IMPORTANT RACE DAY DETAILS**
This event is BYOB. Pick your favorite.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Each competitor drinks four cans (or bottles) of beer and run 4 laps around the 400 meter course. The sequence is 1st BEER, 1st LAP, 2nd BEER, 2nd LAP, 3rd BEER, 3rd LAP, 4th BEER, 4th LAP, and FINISH.
- Beer must be consumed in the ‘Chug Zone’ before each lap begins. The ‘Chug Zone’ is a 10 meter long zone before the start/finish line.
- If a competitor violates any rule then they must run a ‘Victory Lap’ which consists of an additional lap following their 4th lap WITHOUT having to drink another beer. If they BLATANTLY violate any rule, they are disqualified.
- Everyone is on the SAME playing field. Women and men drinkthe same size and quantity of beer.
- Competitors can choose between four 12oz cans or four 12oz bottles.
- Beers may not be tampered with or have any ‘advantageous’ design. This includes but is not limited to wide mouth cans, shot-gunning orpuncturing, straws, funnels, or yak piss.
- Beers must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume to keep within the standard Beer Mile rules. No Hard Ciders and Lemonades- those can be enjoyed after.
- Each beer can or bottle MUST NOT BE OPENED until the competitor has entered the ‘Chug Zone’ for that given lap.
- Solo - $20
- 2 Person - $34
- 4 Person - $56
- Brewer's Relay - $4
- Solo - $25
- 2 Person - $40
- 4 Person - $60
Race Day Timeline (UPDATED w/ NEW TIMES)
Read this first: http://theruniversity.com/events-at-the-cleveland-beer-mile/
- 10:00 AM - Registration and Packet Pick Up
- 11:00 PM -& 11:30 AM - Open Waves
- 12:00 PM - Two Person Relay
- 12:30 PM & 1:10 PM - Open Waves
- 12:55 PM - Donut Mile (FREE to join)
- 1:40 PM - Brewer's Relay ($4 & includes beverage)
- 2:00 PM - Elite Wave
- 2:30 PM - Four-Person & Ultimate Ale-athoner Relay
- 3:00 - Open Waves (for late sign ups and overflow)
Read the rules of each event here: Click Here