Endure The Gauntlet is a 48 hour charity run being conducted by Conquer The Gauntlet Pro Evan Perperis at Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa the weekend of August 24-26 in 2018. Evan will be “running” for all 48 hours but he wants you to join him for a lap or two or more in order to raise money for the charity Folds of Honor.
Participants register for a time block and walk/jog a lap with Evan on the course of Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa moving at his pace. This is a non-timed event and 100% of your registration costs go directly to charity.
All finishers get a finisher medal and a t-shirt after they finish their lap. For those that are ambitious and like endurance you are allowed to run as many laps as you want with Evan throughout the course of the weekend (minus normal Conquer The Gauntlet race hours, which require a separate registration).
*In order to run with Evan Saturday during the day, you must be registered for the normal Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa event. Registration link available HERE
How can I help out or participate?
- There are two ways to help out. If you can’t make it to the event there is an option to donate. Donation options come in two forms. One is directly to the pot of money going to the charity Folds of Honor. The second is donating to Backside Support. Backside Support donations cover things like money spent on t-shirts/medals for participants and travel fees associated with bringing in Evan’s crew/media to support the event. The second way to help out is to participate by clicking on the registration link.
How do I participate?
- Click on the registration link to sign up for the event. 100% of your registration fee goes to the Charity Folds of Honor. Select a time block listed on the event page. Of note, to be able to run with Evan during Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa’s normal hours or their team event, you must register for that separately via Conquer The Gauntlet’s main page.
What if I can’t keep up with Evan?
- Evan will be jogging/walking for the event. If you have participated in a running event or OCR before, you will have no problem keeping up.
What if I want to run more than one lap? Do I have to pay multiple times?
- You only need to register once. A single registration gives you access to run as many laps as you want except during normal Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa hours (roughly 730AM - 4PM on Saturday and roughly 730-1130 on Sunday). To run during those hours you must register for the normal events.
Is there a spectator fee?
- Spectators are free for Endure The Gauntlet during non-Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa hours. Spectator fee during normal Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa hours will be low cost and determined by Conquer The Gauntlet (historically it is usually around $10).
What time blocks are available for running?
- Time blocks are approximations of lap start times. The start times are based on Evan’s pace, so be flexible on event day. If you miss your time block, do not worry, just jump in on the next lap. Friday: 1130, 1330, 1530, 1730, 1930, 2130, 2330, 0130, 0330, 0530 In order to run with Evan Saturday during the day, you must be registered for the normal Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa event. Registration link available HERE. Saturday: 1730, 1930, 2130, 2330 Sunday: 0130, 0330, 0530 Sunday morning is the Conquer The Gauntlet Tulsa Team Event. Evan will have his own team but you are welcome to run as part of your own team by registering HERE
Is this event timed?
- No, it is a charity run. There will be no finisher results list or ranking. It is solely for charity and is a great option for those looking to get some mileage training in on the best OCR series.
What do I get for participating?
- All participants who register will get a t-shirt and a finisher’s medal. If you can’t make it to the event but registered contact firstname.lastname@example.org T-shirt and medals can be mailed for an additional mailing fee if you cannot make it to the event.
Who is Evan Perperis?
Where can I follow updates about the events online?
- Updates will primarily through Facebook through Evan’s personal page along with the Strength & Speed and Conquer The Gauntlet Pro Team pages. Follow along for the latest along with other great tips and information about Obstacle Course Racing.
Can I get a refund or transfer my registration?
- Since 100% of your registration goes directly to charity this event is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Folds of Honor Donation
Donating here means that 100% of your donation goes directly to the charity Folds of Honor, which provides scholarship money for children whose parents were wounded or killed in action while serving in the US Military.
Backside Support Donation
A donation here helps provide backside support to the event including paying for things like the cost of race medal production, the cost of t-shirt production, travel costs of Evan plus his crew and media costs to help spread further awareness of the event thus hopefully bringing in more donations. If you only plan to donate to one, please donate to the Folds of Honor link.