We've added an official timed ruck race to the Veterans Honor Run on May 26 and to get you familiar with what Rucking is all about, we've added a free community event for newbies and experienced ruck runners. Event is free to join but please RSVP so we can account for numbers. We have also paired up with Olmsted Spirit as they will have a tactical (ruck) division at their run as well! Check them out at OlmstedSpirit.com!
Details on the Ruck:
- Meet in the North Parking Lot of Avon Lake High School
- Bring a rucksack or weighted vest with 10 - 30 pounds. 20 pounds is the standard
- We will run to Veterans Memorial Park (.5 miles) for a body weight workout and then act of service like trash clean up or something similar
- Run will continue through Kopf Family Reservation for 3.1 miles total or you may turn back to high school to shorten the distance.
- Rendezvous at Railroad Brewery for a raffle and beverages.
Course Map: https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/2423354479
Email Info@Theruniversity.com with any and all questions. Cheers!