You may still register up until May 16!
Submit your miles here: https://forms.gle/dU9YGNNWqPP6dGgY9
Since the beginning of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the American Heart Association has been closely following the guidance from the CDC and state and local health officials regarding our events. The safety of our guests has been and will continue to be our top priority.
As a result, we will be cancelling the physical Heartbeat 5K previously scheduled for Saturday, April 18th and we will be making this event VIRTUAL..The Beat Must Go On!
VIRTUAL EVENT?! What does that mean?
The Beat Must Go on will be a month-long mile tracking competition. That's right...mile tracking...Let's get to work!
WHAT'S THE GOAL?
We are challenging each participant to log 100 miles within a 4-week time frame. If you make it to 100 miles…don’t stop there…keep going!! We want to see how many miles this running community can achieve! The goal is to stay active indoors and outdoors, while having fun and relieving stress!
SIGN ME UP!
- Date: April 18, 2020 at 12:01 AM - May 16, 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Time: ANYTIME
- Location: ANYWHERE THAT FOLLOWS THE GUIDELINES OF PHYSICAL DISTANCING…DON’T FORGET TO SMILE WHEREVER YOU ARE. Bring CHEER TO THOSE INDIVIDUALS 6 FEET AWAY FROM YOU!
- Packet Pickup: No need for it : )…we are going VIRTUAL PEOPLE!!
HOW DO I WIN? THERE HAS TO BE A WINNER!
- First Place: Awarded to first participant to log 100 MILES
- Second Place: Awarded to second participant to log 100 MILES
- Third Place: Awarded to third participant to log 100 MILES
- Overall Male: Male participant who logs the most miles from April 18-May 16
- Overall Female: Female participant who logs the most miles from April 18-May 16
- Prizes include The Beat Must Go On Hoodies to each winner!
- Win a Vitamix just by entering!
- MAKING A DIFFERENCE: The donations received will be used to fund lifesaving research, support health and education initiatives in our community, improve the quality of care in our hospitals, advocate for healthy policies and so much more.
- STAYING HEALTHY: The American Heart Association and the American Heart Association Cleveland Young Professional Board is committed to helping every person live healthier, longer. By participating in this event and donating you are believing in and advancing this critical mission.
- CONNECTING TO THE COMMUNITY: THE AHA YP BOARD WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS….Follow us and tag us on Instagram and Facebook and post about your progress! Be sure to use #TheBeatMustGoOn...catchy, right?
- And don't forget the Strava Club: https://www.strava.com/clubs/HeartBeat