DC is clearing the roads for the biggest cycling event of the year, and we need your help! The DC Bike Ride is an all-levels, 20 mile ride through the city. You will see bikes of every shape and size!
Volunteers are needed to help at the Friday and Saturday Packet Pick Up, and Sunday at the Start and Finish Lines, out on the course, and at the Aid Stations.
For more information about volunteer fundraising for nonprofit groups, or to inquire about bringing your group of friends to volunteer together, please contact Karen at Volunteer@dcbikeride.com.
Volunteer Shift Opportunities:
Packet Pick Up (Help distribute rider numbers, giveaway items, answer questions)
- Friday, May 12, 2:30 pm - 7:15 pm
- Saturday, May 13, 9:30 am - 2:00 pm / 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Ride Day, Sunday, May 14
- Start Line, 5:30 am - 9:00 am (Help with info booth and start corrals)
- Mobile Mechanics, 7:30 am - 12:30 pm (Ride throughout the course and help riders with on-course mechanical troubles)
- Aid Stations, 6:30 am - 11:30 am (DC) / 7:15 am - 11:45 am (VA) (Set up and manage on-course Aid Stations)
- Finish Line, 9:00 am - 1:30 pm (Help with Bike Valet, finish chute traffic and post-ride events)
- Tear Down Crew, 11:30 am - 2:30 pm (Help break down finish area, remove signs, pack trucks)
- Course Marshals, 7:15 am - 12:00 pm (Bike from volunteer check-in to a position on course and help ensure riders know where to turn, cheer them on; after the last rider passes your position, feel free to join the ride and meet at the finish!)