DC is clearing the roads for the biggest cycling event of the year, and we need your help! The DC Bike Ride is an all-levels, 20 mile ride through the city. You will see bikes of every shape and size!
Volunteers are needed to help at the Thursday and Friday Packet Pick Up, and Saturday at the Start and Finish Lines, out on the course, and at the Aid Stations.
For more information about volunteer fundraising for nonprofit groups, or to inquire about bringing your group of friends to volunteer together, please contact Karen at Volunteer@dcbikeride.com.
Volunteer Shift Opportunities:
Packet Pick Up (Help distribute rider numbers, giveaway items, answer questions)
- Location: 401 M Street, SW; Washington, DC
- Thursday, May 17, 2:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Friday, May 18, 11:00 am - 3:30 pm / 3:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Ride Day, Saturday, May 19
- Start Line at West Potomac Park, 5:30 am - 9:00 am (Help with info booth and start corrals)
- Mobile Mechanics, 7:30 am - 12:30 pm (Ride throughout the course and help riders with on-course mechanical troubles)
- Aid Stations, 7:00 am - 11:30 am (DC near Start Line) / 7:30 am - 11:45 am (VA on 395 HOV Lanes) (Set up and manage on-course Aid Stations)
- Finish Line near the US Capitol, 9:00 am - 1:30 pm (Help with finish chute traffic and post-ride events)
- Bike Valet near the US Capitol, 9:00 am - 1:30 pm (After the riders finish their tour of DC, they can leave their bikes while they enjoy the Finish Festival. We need your help to rack them and keep them safe.)
- Tear Down Crew, 11:30 am - 2:30 pm (Help break down finish area, remove signs, pack trucks)
- Course Marshals, 7:15 am - 12:00 pm (Bike from Start Line volunteer check-in to a position on course and help ensure riders know where to turn, cheer them on; after the last rider passes your position, feel free to join the ride and meet at the finish!)