Do I need network connectivity to use the Event Assistant App?
Last Updated: Feb 3, 2021 10:24AM PST
We understand that many events do not have reliable wifi or cellular connection. Therefore, the Event Assistant App will work in both online and offline mode.
To set your Online or Offline Mode:
1. Log in to the Event Assistant App
2. Choose an event
3. Click the menu icon to open up your navigation. Go to EVENT SET-UP
4. Click Offline Check-In
5. Toggle Offline Check-In to YES or NO
Below are some important considerations when deciding which mode will work best for your event:
- Each completed check-in will be synced to Events.com and other devices immediately.
- Check-ins completed on other devices, new registrations, cancelled registrations, and information updates will be reflected automatically on your device.
- Minimal amount of attendee information is downloaded to the device to minimize memory usage.
- Attendee information must be downloaded on the device before leaving an area with network connection.
- The device will not reflect check-ins completed on other devices.
- The device will not reflect new registrations, cancelled registrations, and information updates since attendees were downloaded.
- All attendee data will be downloaded on the device and will use significant device memory (amount depends on number of attendees and attendee information collected).
- Check-in data must be manually uploaded to Events.com.
NOTE: it is not recommended to use selfies when in offline mode. This will drastically increase the time to download the attendee information on to the devices and to sync data back to Events.com.
Below are a few scenarios that you may experience and our suggested check-in mode:
Strong network connection
- We suggest online mode since data is synced automatically to other devices and Events.com.
Spotty or weak network connection
- We suggest online mode since data will sync automatically when there is a connection.
- If there is slowness with the app when in an area with spotty connection, try offline mode to see if there is an improvement.
No network connection
- Offline mode is required when there is no network connection.
- You must download the attendee information while in a connected area.
*Remember, in order to use a cellular network, you must have a 4G plan with high data to support the app.