How do I process a full or partial refund without canceling an order?
Last Updated: Feb 3, 2021 10:10AM PST
Events.com allows event organizers to process a partial or full refund to one or more items in an order without mandating that the order has to be canceled. This allows you to ensure your customers are happy while making sure that your inventory stays accurate. No need to submit a help ticket to Events.com to process this change – you can manage your event orders via this easy, self-service tool. Follow these steps to process a full or partial refund without canceling any part of the order!
1. Log In to your Events.com account.
2. As an organizer your first screen will be your organization data. You can select between your LIVE and COMPLETED events ans find the event for which you want to provide a refund.
3. Click on PEOPLE on the left side navigation tool bar and select Attendees.
4. In the search bar, type in the name or email address of the attendee whose refund you’d like to process.
5. Within the event goer’s page, select View Order.
6. Select MANAGE ORDER and then select Process Refund. You will now be in the order screen that will allow you to refund one item or several items from the order.
7. Enter the amount you wish to refund for each item in the order that apply – in the column under REFUND. You can refund multiple items at one time by entering multiple line items. You cannot refund more than the amount charged, but you can refund a portion of the amount.
8. Select SUBMIT REFUND and voilà, you’re done! The refunded amount will be processed on the same credit card that was used for the original purchase. An email will be sent to the buyer to summarize the transaction.
Pro Tips: In Step 4, you can use the attendee’s first name, last name or both to narrow down your search! The refunded amount cannot exceed the amount paid for the item in the original purchase. Your event goer will see their refund on the original card used for purchase within 5 – 10 business days, depending on their specific banking institution’s process.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON FULL PLATFORM REFUNDS:
Events.com fees are non-refundable by Events.com. These are the order and processing fees for services rendered. As an organizer, you have the option to refund these fees to your attendees directly. Choosing to refund these fees will result in them being refunded from your revenue.
If your fees are added to the cost of your registrations/tickets: To process a full refund including the Events.com fees, you will need to contact us to facilitate. Please contact our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your fees are absorbed (part of the registration/ticket cost): You will be able to refund them directly to your attendees within the registration/ticket amount using the steps above.
Please note: Platform refunds are dependent on fund availability.