How do I process a refund on a corporate group registration?
Last Updated: Feb 3, 2021 10:02AM PST
Need to process a refund for a single item or the registration? That’s no problem! With Events.com we make it simple and easy to process a refund. Follow the steps below to find out how!
1. Log In to your Events.com account and go to the event for which you need to process a refund.
2. Once in the event, click on PEOPLE in the left side navigation tool bar and select Buyers.
3. In the search bar enter in the attendee’s Name, Email, Team/Corporate Group name, Order Number or Last 4 of CC.
4. Click on the Buyer’s card.
5. Click MANAGE ORDER drop down menu and then select Process Refund.
6. Next to each purchased registration /ticket line a field will open for you to type in the amount that you want to refund. *You are only able to refund up to the amount paid.
7. Review your Order Summary, and click SUBMIT REFUND.
8. As one last step, a pop up will appear for your confirmation to ensure that you’ve intended to submit this refund. The Buyer will receive an email notifying them that the refund was processed.
Pro Tips: You can refund the associated tax by checking off the box for – Refund associated taxes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON FULL PLATFORM REFUNDS:
Events.com fees are non-refundable by Events.com. These are the order and processing fees for services rendered. As an organizer, you have the option to refund these fees to your attendees directly. Choosing to refund these fees will result in them being refunded from your revenue.
If your fees are added to the cost of your registrations/tickets: To process a full refund including the Events.com fees, you will need to contact us to facilitate. Please contact our help desk at email@example.com.
If your fees are absorbed (part of the registration/ticket cost): You will be able to refund them directly to your attendees within the registration/ticket amount using the steps above.
Please note: Platform refunds are dependent on fund availability.