How do I refund a corporate group attendee’s items?
Last Updated: Mar 12, 2020 08:45AM PDT
An attendee needs a refund for an item they ordered? No problem! As an organizer you can go in to refund it for them. Follow the steps below to find out how!
1. Log In to your Events.com account and go to the event for which you need to refund an attendee item.
2. Once in the event, click on PEOPLE in the left side navigation tool bar and select Attendees.
3. In the search bar enter in the attendee’s Name, Email, Corporate Group name, Registration Number or Order Number.
4. Click on the attendee’s name card.
5. Click MANAGE REGISTRATION/TICKET drop down menu and then select Process Refund.
6. Next to the right of the attendee item, a field will open for you to enter the amount of the refund. Enter the amount in the field (you can only enter up to the amount that was originally paid). If you need to include taxes, click the box on the left. You can also add notes for reference in your future reports. When finished click SUBMIT REFUND.
7. Confirm the Refund Order pop up to finalize. The purchaser will receive an email letting them know their refund was processed.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON FULL PLATFORM REFUNDS:
Events.com fees are non-refundable by Events.com. These are the order and processing fees for services rendered. As an organizer, you have the option to refund these fees to your attendees directly. Choosing to refund these fees will result in them being refunded from your revenue.
If your fees are added to the cost of your registrations/tickets: To process a full refund including the Events.com fees, you will need to contact us to facilitate. Please contact our help desk at email@example.com.
If your fees are absorbed (part of the registration/ticket cost): You will be able to refund them directly to your attendees within the registration/ticket amount using the steps above.
Please note: Platform refunds are dependent on fund availability