The holidays are a stressful time and planning a year-end event only adds to the pressure. To keep your blood pressure down, we’ve gathered three trends to try at your upcoming holiday event that will leave a lasting impression on your guests.
Cocktails and Cuisine: Food and drink are a big draw for any event, but for the holidays, guests are expecting something special. Celebrity event planner Arthur Backal offers these suggestions:
- Indoor food carts that highlight unique foods inspired by global fare.
- Craft beers and cocktails—bonus points if they are from local breweries or wineries.
- Themed dessert stations like a hot chocolate bar instead of traditional dessert.
Let There Be Lights! Use lighting to transform your room and get your guests in a merry state of mind. Deborah Weisenhous of Art Of Imagination recommends:
- Illuminate the overhead space with dangling cafe globe lights.
- Layer twinkle lights with LED uplighting in hot seasonal colors like teal quartz or vibrant navy blue.
- Add dynamic transitions by using dimmers and programming the LED lights at specific times throughout the event.
- Use different glassware sizes and colors for more variety and eye appeal.
- Forgo clear glasses in favor of a mixture of colorful containers in different sizes.
- Display glass vases in varying shades of the same color sitting on a window ledge.
Photo Credit: Art of Imagination
Ready to start using these trends for your upcoming holiday events? Start creating your next event now on Events.com.