Think about how much time you spend online a day. Or how many times a friend sends you a YouTube link to a trailer for the next blockbuster movie. As audiences continue to tune in online for clips and steaming services, brands need to take a look at the video content they’re providing and see if it’s valuable and relevant to their target audience. While you may not be ready to go to those lengths just yet, here are five tips for creating great brand video content you can start out with as suggested by Matt Ruby, founder of Vooza:
- Start by figuring out who you’re trying to reach and reverse engineer from there.
- Roll out a lot of content consistently over time. Be patient. It takes a while to build up an audience.
- Put yourself in your audience’s shoes: why would someone want to share this? The goal is to have your content shared organically, so don’t get too heavy-handed with the sales pitch.
- Don’t be afraid to push people’s buttons. Have some edge.
- Find your sweet spot—that one thing you can do better than anyone else. Remember, none of these tips will matter if no one can find your awesome content, so make sure you take into account how people search for things and include the right headlines and keywords. Tell us in the comments how your brand has successfully used video.
Photo via- QA Graphics
Branded video content is just one step to creating the perfectly branded event. Set up your next event on Events.com and learn how you can build a branded event that will have any event attendee impressed.