Before the consumerism completely takes over our lives, we decided to slow the pace and talk about #GivingTuesday. Since its inception in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a global day of giving driven by the power of social media and collaboration, which includes more than 30,000 partners in nearly 70 countries and translates to an almost 500-percent increase in online donations. #GivingTuesday also generates over 32 million Twitter impressions and 750,000+ hashtag mentions. Use hashtags effectively in your #GivingTuesday campaign this year by keeping the following in mind:
- Do Your Research – Search what hashtags are trending within your community or industry with Hashtagify.me. Here are three of the all-time Top 10 #GivingTuesday hashtags to get you started: #4charity, #NoKidHungry, #UNselfie.
- Simple is Best – Make your hashtags short, relevant, and easy to remember.
- Keep Tabs – Track your hashtags using the budget-friendly TweetChat.com. For more in-depth monitoring across websites, blogs, and social media channels, choose a plan from
- Be Very Social – Promote your hashtags (a lot) on all social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and of course, Twitter. You should also actively reply, retweet, and engage with those using your hashtags.
- Show Appreciation – Remember to thank followers for using your hashtags and actively promoting the spirit of giving. And definitely update them on the final results of your #GivingTuesday campaign.
Photo Credit: Crowdrise
Learn how to craft the right hashtag for your event you can use year round. Then start creating your next event on Events.com.