How do I view a real-time snapshot of my event’s data and performance?
Last Updated: Jun 24, 2019 01:59PM PDT
At Events.com we understand how important data is in the decision making process of any business. This is no different in the event management space. Real time visibility of your event’s data and performance is key to be able to put on and manage a successful event. With our Dashboards tool, you can get a real time snapshot of your event’s performance with a focus on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). All of these tools are accessible on the go from a smartphone or tablet.
1. Log In to your Events.com account.
2. As an organizer your first screen will be your organization data. You can select between your LIVE, DRAFT and COMPLETED events and find the event for which you want to view your data.
3. Within your event, click DATA from the tools on the left.
4. The Overview summary dashboard will appear by default (read about building your Overview Summary here). In the blue navigation tool bar, click Event Summary.
Your Event Summary dashboard will show you:
- Net Revenue: This is the total revenue paid for Registration/Tickets, purchases and user-defined taxes, minus refunds, discounts and fees.
- Registrations/ Tickets Sold: The total number of Registrations or Tickets your event has sold minus the total number of Registrations/Tickets cancelled.
- Registration/Ticket Net Revenue: This is the total sum of revenue from tickets sold, minus refunded revenue, discounted revenue and fees.
- Purchases Net Revenue: This is the total sum of revenue earned for purchases, minus revenue refunded, minus processing fees.
- Tax Net Revenue (If applicable): This is the total sum of revenue earned for taxes associated to both Registration/Ticket type and Purchases.
- Discounts: This is the total sum of revenue that was used to reduce an order with a promotion for promos and multi-quantity discounts.
- Refunds/Transfers: This is the sum of revenue that was refunded for all registration/tickets and purchases
Tip: Transactions processed within the past 10 minutes may not be included in the dashboards.