How do I change my event to a virtual event?
Last Updated: Feb 3, 2021 09:57AM PST
Creating a virtual option for your event can be as easy as adding an additional registration/ticket type! New sign ups can select it as their ticket of choice, and through our post registration tools, existing attendees can change their ticket to a virtual experience in just a few easy clicks.
Please visit this helpful article if you need the steps for creating a new registration – How do I create tickets or registrations?
If you’d prefer to add shipping (or international shipping) as a virtual add on, the best option is to set it up as a purchase. Please refer to this article for a walk through on setting up purchases – How do I set up purchases to upsell my event goers?
If you’re brand new to the virtual event space, here are some tips for creating a memorable virtual event!
- Create a printable bib or attendance/finisher certificates to eliminate shipping costs.
- Provide a package to be mailed, either include shipping in the registration fee, or have attendees add shipping to their order.
- Consider the items you would provide to be shipped – bibs, special cards or tickets, medals, t-shirts. Anything to add value.
- Use our custom confirmation email builder to coordinate the social media presence you’d like to see. (Event hashtags, selfie suggestions showing how you participated)
- Offer a discount to future events to anyone who posts about their virtual experience as an incentive for participation.
- Introduce a contest to encourage online participation and create excitement.
- Film short videos to share with your attendees, tips and tricks to prepare or to build on their skills for future experiences.
- Or anything you think will represent your brand and excite your attendees!
If you’d like to discuss your virtual event strategy or have any questions about getting it set up, contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager, or email us at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help you finalize your virtual event today!