How do I use invitations?
Last Updated: May 16, 2019 10:22AM PDT
Events.com’s invitation tool is a great way to invite attendees on a more personal level. The system allows you to create invitations embedded with a unique link (different from your public event link). This is great for inviting VIPs, sponsors, staff members, and more. *If this feature is not available in your account please contact us at email@example.com
There are several parameters you can customize per invitation. For example, if you want to add a special discount for those invited, or if you want to ensure that only those whose first name and last name appears on the invitation, can redeem it.
1. Log In to Events.com.
2. As an organizer your first screen will be your organization data. You can select between your LIVE, DRAFT and COMPLETED events and choose the event you would like to set up special invitations for.
3. Go to PROMOTIONS in the left navigation, and then Invitations.
4. Name your invitation (for reference purposes). The click the gear icon to open the Advanced Settings to add any special availability date range, a category or ticket type you are inviting them to, and any discount you’d like to offer to the invitee (a discount is not required). These invitation details will be included in the email sent to invitees. You can also select if the invitation will be restricted. If you toggle this option to YES, the invitation will pre-populate and lock in the name of the invitee on the registration form from the information used in the upload (step 3).
5. Add a custom message to the invitation. Feel free to add images, hyperlinks, etc. Make it personal!
6. We provide you with a template you can download, so selecting your invitees is easier on you. After saving it as a CSV, click BROWSE to find your file, and then UPLOAD. The spot will update, to display a confirmation message that the upload was a success.
7. SEND the invitation!